DataArts – Philadelphia, PA
Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer, the Application Developer will:
- Develop, commit, test, and deploy the organization’s web-based application coded in PHP and MySQL;
- Adhere to and enforce version control system processes;
- Assist with application deployment strategy in dev, staging, and production;
- Utilize relevant trends and industry best practices in order to reduce maintenance burdens, ensure quality service and product, increase efficiency, and maintain a secure environment;
- Collaborate with all development team members (Business Analyst, Data Administrator, Graphic Designer, Front-end Developer, etc.) and stakeholders (both internal and external) to understand business requirements and contribute creative ideas and enhancements to the platform;
- Assist with project plan time estimates and ensure development milestones are met.
- BS/MS in computer science, engineering, or related subject or equivalent work experience;
- 3+ years’ experience and solid expertise in PHP, MySQL, and version control systems (Git);
- Demonstrable knowledge of frameworks currently in use at the organization (AngularJS, Laravel, Bootstrap), Linux, Apache, CSS, HTML;
- Experience building and/or working heavily with REST APIs;
- Passion for best design and coding practices and desire to develop creative, bold ideas;
- Proven history working on long-term, full SDLC projects, particularly using Agile (SCRUM) methodologies;
- Enthusiasm in the organization’s mission and for bettering and growing the arts & culture sector in the best way we can as a nonprofit;
- Ability to produce clear, well-written documents for a range of audiences;
- Excellent ability to set priorities, manage multiple competing projects on deadline, and organize time.
Please forward cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference: “Full-time Application Developer” in the subject line. DataArts is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).